Don't pay more than you should be.

At YES Energy, we understand that life is unexpected. Sometimes things happen which may affect your ability to pay your bill, and we're committed to working with our customers to ensure that your energy bill doesn't provide you unecessary stress, so you can get on enjoying life.

We're here to help, and we have developed a number of solutions for you which may assist you in managing your energy usage, paying your outstanding debt or getting the assistance you require to cover your needs. Here's how we can help you paying your bill:

  • Just need a bit more time? Log into your portal and request a payment extension.
  • We can organise a payment plan which suits your situation.
  • Follow our efficiency tips to minimise your electricity usage.
  • You may be eligible for a concession or rebate.
  • We can refer you to an accredited financial counsellor in your area.
You may also qualify for concessions, grants or government rebates, which YES Energy can assist you with on behalf of your state government. Refer to the details below. Elegibility conditions may vary from time to time.


SA Energy Rebate

This pays up to $223.01 per year or $0.611 (GST excl) per day, with the rebate applied directly to your electricity bills.

You may be eligible if you have one of the following cards:
  1. Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions)
  2. Centrelink Health Care Card (including a low income health care card)
  3. Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card.
  4. DVA Gold Card issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
You may also be eligible if you receive certain Centrelink allowances or if you hold Asylum Seeker status.

To claim your concession:

  1. the address for which you are claiming must be your principal place of residence
  2. the energy account must be in the name of the concession cardholder
  3. you must not be living with anyone who has an income of more than $3,000 per year,unless they are your spouse/domestic partner/dependant, or they receive an allowance from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.For more information on eligible Centrelink allowances please visit the DHS website below.
How to apply?

This scheme is administered by the Department of Human Services, as such you need to submit your application to them.

For more information about eligibility and application forms, please visit the DHS website or call the ConcessionsSA Hotline on 1800 307 758.


NSW Government Low Income Household Rebate

This rebate pays $285 per year (indexed annually on 1 July) or $0.7808 (GST excl) per day towards the cost of electricity in your household. depend on the number of days in each billing period. It’s paid in instalments through your YES Energy electricity bill – the exact amount paid on each bill will depend on the number of days in each billing period.

It’s designed to assist eligible YES Energy customers with all household energy costs, but is applied on the electricity bill only.

You'll need one of these concession cards:
  • Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • Centrelink Health Care Card
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (for recipients of War Widow or War Widower
  • Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions).
A concession can be claimed only if:
  • You are a resident of NSW
  • The energy account is in the name of the concession card holder
  • The supply address is the domestic primary place of residence
  • You are a customer of the retailer, or a long term resident of an on-supplied residential community, or a resident of an on-supplied retirement village, or a resident of an on-supplied strata scheme.
The following cardholders are ineligible:
  • Centrelink Child Disability Healthcare cards
  • Centrelink Foster Care Healthcare cards
  • DVA Dependent and Specific Conditions cards
  • Commonwealth State Seniors cards
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health cards.